Any suggestions?

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Mon Jul 23 16:47:34 EDT 2012

Hi Pete,

I have been working with your suggestions on the following script:

put the number of buttons of me into nbr
   put 1 into x
   repeat with n = 1 to nbr
      put the short name of button n of me into tName
      if not the hilite of button n of me then next repeat
      add 1 to x
      put x & "." & space & tName & cr after theList
   end repeat
   put round(the height of field "final" / the textheight of field "final",0) into tMaxLines

   put line 1 to tMaxLines of theList into field "final"
   if x> tMaxLines then
      put line tMaxLines+1 to x of thelist into field "final2"
      show field "final2"
   else
      put empty into field "final2"
      hide field "final2"
   end if

This script works but I have  encountered two significant problems. First, the first checkbox that is checked and inserted into field "final" is numbered as 2. instead of 1.  The second problem is that when field "final" is "filled up" with the names of the checkboxes, the last checkbox name cannot be seen in field "final" and consequently the next checkbox that is inserted into the next field "final2" shows the next number. In other words, checkbox numbered 13 does not show up in field "final" but checkbox numbered 14 appears in field "final2".  Do you have any suggestions?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com