RevMobile: Native controls

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sat Jul 21 20:08:46 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>wrote:

> > Also screen density on android is a headache because a high density phone
> > could be higher res than a low density tablet. What are your thoughts on
> > dealing with that?
>
> To be fair, try editing a stack for the new iPad resolution even on a
> 1920x1200 monitor.  However, the resTool stack that was recently
> shared/offered to Chipp makes an easy task of managing every resolution
> known to man, it appears.  2 cents.  :-)

The problem is not editing the stacks, the problem is figuring out at
runtime if you're running on a cheap android tablet or an expensive high
end android phone.

We need something along the lines of:

mobileIsDeviceAPhone()
mobileIsDeviceATablet()

If we can figure out this then we can present a better layout. Another
thing would be a good way to return the screen physical size, for example 7
inches for Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.