RevMobile: Native controls

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Jul 21 17:39:17 EDT 2012

Hi chipp

Thanks for the video. This looks like a really helpful tool and I'm keen to get my hands on it.

Do you have any ideas for handling landscape and tablet views? For tablets I think in most cases you would want a different stack so using a main stack with most of the code and a handheld and tablet substack would work. For landscape we need to be able to reposition the same controls, hide some, show some etc. So it's more like a profile. In some cases just resizing will work. But it would be nice to have a when in landscape move here or hide/show or something option.

Also screen density on android is a headache because a high density phone could be higher res than a low density tablet. What are your thoughts on dealing with that?

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services