RevMobile: Native controls

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Jul 20 12:24:49 EDT 2012

I would call mergExt a suite of "native functionality add-ons" (officially:
externals), specific to iOS only, rather than native controls for mobile.
 If runrev were to support native controls in the IDE, they would
automatically change to the appropriate look-and-feel of the platform,
either when you build or test in a simulator.

Guglielmo Braguglia just released an awesome DropBox Library, which has
been confirmed (after a minor tweak) to also work with Android.  This is
the kind of stuff I am interested in, more so than iOS specific.  Even if
it may not be optimal in the first version, at least it works everywhere,
and that has merit.

Native-"looking" controls have been brought to us by the uber-talented
Scott Rossi, and John Craig.  Their tools, which differ in approach, for
now are huge time savers for building interfaces that look and function
great.  Without them, we would only have gray motif unless we all become
graphic designers and roll our own, which some prefer to do.

I'm so glad we have this great community that shares so much awesome talent.

~Roger