can't get behavior to work

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 19 20:23:54 EDT 2012

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> I've been trying all day to get behavior, to work, and can't
>
>   set the behavior of grp "grp_cmbIncome" of card "meansTestIncome" to
>  the long id of fld "ctr_calcPop" of cd 1 of stack "mcp"
>
> produces an execution error at line n/a (parentScript: bad object)
> near "field id 2081 of cd id . . .

Just put that field's script into a button and you'll be set.

At this time buttons are the only controls that can be used to hold a
behavior's script.

Note that the type of control holding the script is purely arbitrary;
the script itself is what matters, and will work with any control type.

RunRev just chose the button control because it has the most flexible
internal architecture and made it possible for them to use it for this
easily.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World