Moving a stack with no controls

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Thu Jul 19 15:14:34 EDT 2012

Hi Skip,

Am 19.07.2012 um 21:01 schrieb Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel:

> There is some conflicting functions being called.  For instance, I
> have several clickable buttons on that stack.  So when you go to click
> on a button, it performs that functions but also tries to relocate
> things and enters into this never ending cycle and competition of
> moving the screen vs performing button function.
>
> Is that clear or do I need to provide more specifics?  It is clear in
> my head right now but I have had some TheraFlu so it might only be
> clear to me...

You have two options to avoid the movenemnt in your buttons an other objects:
1. Add dummy "mouseXXX" handlers to your buttons:

on mouseDown
 ##
end mouseDown

on mouseMove
 ##
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
 ## Your commands here...
end mouseUp

on mouserelease
##
end mouserelease

That will "override" the mouseX stuff in the stack script.

2. Add these lines to my script:
################################
local maydrag

on mouseDown

## EXCLUDE buttons
  if word 1 of the target = "button"then
         put empty into maydrag
  else
      put mouseH() & "," & mouseV() into maydrag
 end if
end mouseDown

on mouseMove
 if maydrag is not empty then
   set the topLeft of this stack to item 1 of the screenMouseLoc - item 1 of maydrag,item 2 of the screenMouseLoc - item 2 of maydrag
 end if
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
 put empty into maydrag