Why killing Media was killing an investment in the future

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 19 14:23:05 EDT 2012

Development software has the same conundrum that new OSes do, namely that they have to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. There have to be enough developers onboard ready to release software when the OS becomes available, so that enough people will be interested in taking the plunge.

Similarly, with software development, there has to be enough developers willing to sign on. A critical mass of sorts. I believe that the reason LC is still viable today is because there are soooo many devs from past Hypertalk based environments that love programming in this fashion that they have reached that critical mass simply from the spillover.

I think the real key to making LC insanely profitable for RR is for us, the developers, to produce really good commercial apps on a regular basis using LC, and proudly display on our splash screens: Made With Livecode!

Bob