Why killing Media was killing an investment in the future

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Thu Jul 19 11:56:51 EDT 2012

Scratch is awesome! My 10 year old son has been programming in Scratch for 3 or 4 years now. He understands variables, loops, if then logic flow, message passing, math algorithms, sub-routine functions, a whole range of programming concepts. When he has a question that is easily solved with a small program, he turns to Scratch.

That said, it is not designed to create standalone apps. It's not a replacement for something like LiveCode. But as a first programming language, it is amazingly good.

Kee Nethery