Front Scripts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 18 18:11:29 EDT 2012

On 7/18/12 5:01 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Yes you have it right there Peter. I just read it myself, and the key
> is that the order the scripts appear in the list is the reverse of
> the order they were entered, which means the last insert goes at the
> top and then they scripts follow the order of the list, meaning, much
> like the Military, the last goes first.

It depends. With frontscripts, new insertions go to the "front of the
front" and get messages before older insertions. With backscripts, the
newest insertion goes to the back of the back, so it gets messages last.

I haven't tested, but if LiveCode follows HyperCard precedence (which it
usually does) then libraries are the opposite. In HC, when you start
using a stack, it's inserted in front of the last stack you started
using; that is, it goes to the front of the back.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com