mobileControlDelete doesn't work

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 17 13:13:37 EDT 2012

On 7/17/12 11:16 AM, Rick Harrison wrote:

> On one card, I created a scroller field which works just fine.
> When I use the closeCard to execute the mobileControlDelete
> the result content reports empty.

That's correct and it means the deletion was successful. If there was a
problem, the result would contain an error message.

> The control stops working
> as one would expect, however when proceeding to the next card
> which also creates a new scroller, the id of the new scroller field
> reports as being 2, which indicates that the first scroller was never
> deleted.  Of course as one goes from card to card the id keeps
> increasing because none of the controls are really getting deleted.

Not exactly. ID numbers are never reused, they increase throughout the
session. The ID number doesn't mean anything per se, it just identifies
the object.

It sounds like your scroller is working properly.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com