[OT] Between the lines of the previous post.

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jul 16 13:35:18 EDT 2012

This has been discussed before, and the general consensus is, there is no general consensus. For posts to long replies, option 3 is good, but when replying to only 2 or 3 points, one of the other will do. I find that replies at the top of the email work much better for me, because it's irritating to have to scroll to the bottom of every email to see the latest, and I rarely need to read the initial post to get the message anyway.

But because some email clients do it one way, and others do it another, we end up with posts and quotes all haphazardly mingled together in a completely confusing manner. So we fall back onto the principle of only quoting the last 2 posts at the most, and all is well.

Bob