mergExt pricing changes and free externals

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Jul 14 17:57:08 EDT 2012

On 15/07/2012, at 6:56 AM, Andrew Henshaw <henshaw at me.com> wrote:

> Ive stopped writing for the Mac App Store as its impossible to access files outside of the sandbox without the security scoped bookmarks,  if an external existed that allowed it (even though it should be in the main livecode product imo)

Right there is the reason I can't justify doing this over other externals. I could probably have this done for you by the end of the week but there's really probably only a handful of lc developers trying to tackle sandboxing at the moment and of them how many will decide to take the rant on the dev list approach rather than buy the external. Ive been here before with mergXattr which as far as I know resulted in 0 sales but I implemented because someone was getting rejected from the app store.

> I use a couple of externals already to validate the MAS reciepts,  and provide the interface to the Intel App Up store,  but any other externals that opened up access to more stores would be good.

Feel free to point me at high priority stores and/or their sdk.

> Other externals that would be nice on the desktop right now for me would include...
>
> - Dropbox (as previous mentioned),  because its a real pain inside a mac sandboxed app to use from Livecode otherwise!

What's the difficulty using it other than only being able to do blocking uploads?

> - A barcode scanner that could use the macs camera

Definitely possible. How many people would like this?

> - Touch screen support for Windows 8.

I'll look into it but once again it's probably right in the potential LC roadmap.

> I really hope this works out for you Monte.  Livecode has grown to be a genuine option for mobile development now,  and your tools absolutely,  and without any doubt in my mind fill in the missing gaps and extend the functionality immensely.

Thank you!