validating "per use" licensing

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:05:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel
<skip at magicgate.com> wrote:
> I have much experience in this area of licensing.  Since Dr. Hawkins
> works for a law firm (owns the law firm?)

Yes.

Years ago a predecessor to this ran on Hypercard and then SuperCard 1.5.

When I returned to practice, I re-implemented in spreadsheets (it's
amazing what they can do on a gigahertz processor).

I've been prodded into making it available to other attorneys, as I"m
the only attorney in the US filing bankrutpcy from a mac without
running windows inside.

>I would assume this piece of
> software is directly related to his operations... The last four digits
> of a social is something that his clients are willing to give him.

If they want to file, they give it to the world.  (twenty years ago,
the *entire* social was on many of the pleadings, including the
petition!!!)

> Just had an awesome idea... want to prevent somebody from giving out
> their license code?  Make it the same as their entire social security
> number!   Unique number.... Bam!

I love it :)

--
The Hawkins Law Firm