how to implement more than one background?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Jul 11 09:14:35 EDT 2012

Hi Tiemo,

Am 11.07.2012 um 14:49 schrieb Tiemo Hollmann TB:

> Though your excellent explanations I am still struggling with backgrounds.
> I succeeded in creating different card(-sets) with different backgrounds,
> but I am still failing in creating two backgrounds with backgroundbehavior =
> true on one card(-set). Placing the second (shared) group onto a card
> doesn't set the backgroundbehavior to true. Trying to set it manually in the
> props editor, it doesn't keep the backgroundbehavior = true, it switches
> back to false. So when creating a new card only the first background is
> automatically placed on the new card. I can place afterwords manually the
> second background onto the new card, but again, it doesn't get the
> backgroundbehavior = true.
> Both backgrounds are "top-level" groups, so not nested and that is the only
> reason for not taking the backgroundbehavior as far as I see. Any
> restrictions more for a second background on the same card to look for?

not really.

Hm, I just made a test:
1. Created a new stack
2. Created two groups on the first cd: "g1" with "backgroundbehavior"= false
    "g2" with "backgroundbehavior"= true
3. Created a new card, "g2" automatically appeard on the new card.
4. I used the "Object" menu to PLACE "g1" onto that card and its "backgroundbehavior"
    got set to true automatically!
5. Created more cards and both groups appeared on the new cards.

> Thanks
> Tiemo (LC 4.6.4, Win7)

Best

Klaus