how to implement more than one background?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Tue Jul 10 13:07:33 EDT 2012

Hi Tiemo,

Am 10.07.2012 um 18:52 schrieb Tiemo Hollmann TB:

> Oh great Klaus and Bob!, that's what I was looking for. I wasn't aware of
> the place command yet :)

Aha, OK, now you know :-)

The difference between a "group" and a "background" in LiveCode is just the way
LC "sees/counts" these objects!
put the num of grps
# will show the number of GROUPS on the current card
..
put the num of bgs
## will show the number of ALL groups in the current stack!

The "backgroundbehavior" property will "only" manage if a group on the current card
will be placed automatically onto a newly created card.

If I remember right, the "backgroundbehavior" prop will be set to true after you "placed" a
group onto another card, even if this grp did not have this prop set before.

In any case grps and bgs are very different than they were in HyperCard, where you could
only have ONE background on a card :-)

> Thanks
> Tiemo
>
> Klaus, you are not familiar with Toolbook?

No, I've been a Mac guy from the beginning, I've used Director but switched to MetaCard when
the first Win and Mac versions came out in 1999 and never looked back ;-)

> Probably because you can't use ditto!

HA! Komm Du mal nach Hause! :-D

Best

Klaus