Trying to install Metacard 2.4 on Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:08:59 EDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 05:53 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>
>> Continuing my search for PDF via EPS import........................
>>
>> Went here:  http://www.canelasoftware.com/mc/metacard24/
>
> Like any IDE for LiveCode, the MetaCard IDE is just a collection of
> stacks; the engine that runs those stacks is the same engine that runs
> the LiveCode IDE.
>
> Why would you expect those stacks to be able to import PDF?
>
> PDF and EPS are very different things, and there's nothing the MC IDE
> stacks can do with EPS that your own stacks can't do in the LiveCode
> IDE (which is next to NIL, since I don't believe EPS is listed
> anywhere as a supported format).

If you take the time to read my "Lonesome Yodel" post (which I shall
summarise here as it is a bit
  tedious), you will realise that I want to import an EPS file into a stack.

This is because I can convert PDF forms quickly and easily into EPS
format (ether directly, or via postscript).

Metacard (lest you forget) has an option to import EPS files.

This capability, while appearing in the import stack of Metacard, seems
to have stopped functioning
in later recensions; hence my attempt to get Metacard 2.4 running on
Linux (which I have done in the
past, but, foolishly deleted before I realised the EPS capability had
gone west).

Of course I could have a go with Alejandro's stack.