Hello LiveCoders

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Jul 8 21:59:03 EDT 2012

Brian,

Welcome, At present there is no text to speech in iOS available for developers at this time, yet… However, if you download the SDK kit from RunRev there is an external in one of the folders called rrenarrator that includes the text to speech engine flite that was created at CMU (Carnegie Mellon University) here in Pittsburgh. The external does work on iOS and is free to use but you may not be happy with the quality of the voices available. But they might be enough for you…

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net