One field out of dozens changes line height after copy/paste of group

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 8 00:30:26 EDT 2012

On 7/7/12 5:16 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I'm copying groups from a resource stack to an output stack.  Each has
> typically dozens of fields and rectangles, and maybe some lines and
> checkboxes.
>
> In one of these, one field out of the entire lot is resetting its line
> height on paste.  It's fixed 12 before copy, and in the destination it
> becomes fixed 14.
>
> What could possibly be causing this?

The only thing I can think of is that the font isn't set for that field
and you are using LiveCode version 5.5 or lower. If that's the case then
the copied field will inherit the textfont of the card or stack, and the
textheight will be reset when that happens.

Version 5.5.1 uncouples textheight from textfont and the reset shouldn't
happen with that version.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com