Can't set the developer root in the preferences in LC 4.5.3

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jul 4 03:11:39 EDT 2012

Once again LC 4.5.3 has bitten me. I'm beginning to think it might be
personal.

I've been developing for IOS using this version. Things have been working
fine and I've gotten my app to run nicely on my iphone. I was working on it
today and I had to quit LC for some reason. When I restarted it, suddenly
the Simulate and Simulate Version menus were dimmed in the Development menu.

I verified that my stack was set to build for IOS but I still could not get
these menu items to become active.

I went to the preferences to make sure that the developer root was set to
/Developer. It was listed that way in the preferences but, to be sure, I
clicked the ellipses button to reassign it to /Developer. When I tried this
I got a dialog box stating: The chosen folder is not a valid IOS SDK for
3.2 and later. It must be one that ships with XCode 3.2..4 or later.

I found this very strange since I had been using the simulator without
problems. I checked the directory and I have SDKs for 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
and 4.3 but for some reason LC insists that I don't have the proper SDK
installed.

I can't figure out why LC would suddenly not recognize the SDKs in my
Developer directory. When I launch LC 4.6.4 and point it at the same
directory, it smiles and wants to have my child (i.e. it works fine and
doesn't complain about missing SDKs).

What in the world would cause LC 4.5.3 to suddenly not validate my
developer directory and keep me from using the simulator? Any suggestions
as to how to get this to work again would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein