which Linux?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Jul 3 16:20:09 EDT 2012

On 07/03/2012 03:11 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I got around the difficulty of sharing files by putting the test files onto a server that I could log onto with Linux. What should the name be for a Linux LiveCode standalone? It came out named as "untitled 1" with no extension, an dLinux thought that was a document. I tried renaming it to be "test.exe", but that seemed to be the wrong thing to do too.
>
> What should a LiveCode Linux standalone be named?

It doesn't have or need an extension. Make sure its permissions include
"is executable". Does Maya suffer the dictionary crash for you? I
installed 64 bit Maya here a couple weeks ago and it has that problem.
Mint 9 and 10 do not (for me) openSUSE 11.4 and 12.1 also do not. Be
aware of this before you do any demo-ing!

Best,

Warren