getting a stable image in a data grid form layout

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Sun Jul 1 03:29:20 EDT 2012

I have a Data Grid form object with three fields and an image.

The button behaviour script for this DG Form object has the following  "FillInData" handler

on FillInData pDataArray
   set the text of field "Title" of me to pDataArray["name"]
   set the text of field "filename" of me to pDataArray["filename"]
   set the text of field "Current" of me to pDataArray["current_book"]
   put pDataArray["cover_image"] into image "image"
end FillInData

When I access this DG it seems to work, at least for all the text fields.
They are correctly placed and the correct values are present.

However the image object does not seem to work.

I see its outline in each row of the DG object.
I even get one image, the last image.
However it is placed in the first row's image object!

So if I only have one row, everything is fine.
If I have two rows, the first row contains the image of the second row and the second row's image object is blank (well I can see its border as I have it turned on.)
If I scroll the DG the image that was there often (not always) seems to disappear.

Have I missed out on some step that makes the image stick to the appropriate row object?

James