[ANN] - Seeking Beta Testers

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Jan 31 16:59:02 EST 2012

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for volunteering.  Just to clarify, this is a database
administration tool (create tables, indexes, triggers, etc) with some basic
data editing capabilities, not a end user/developer's tool.

Just mentioning that since you brought up the amount of code you're having
to write to do simple SQL stuff.  I've been there myself and the result is
the LiquidSQL product I mentioned in the email.  That won't be out for a
few more weeks but it will eliminate a large amount of the code normally
necessary to deal with SQL stuff in LiveCode.

If you want to go ahead and check out SQLAdmin, I'd be happy to have you as
a beta tester but just making sure there's no misunderstandings about what
the product does.  I'm putting the finishing touches to the packaging and
installation right now and expect to point people to a download within the
next couple of days

Thanks,
Pete

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Potts Jeff <jpottsx1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I'd love to test for you. I'm currently building SQL that is running
> 100 to 150 lines in some cases just to update a simple view.
>
> I'm running sqlite  and Mysql (mysql runs on windows server 2008 and
> another Linux version running on a Synology 212 NASS) on LC  5.02 on
> Mac Lion, Windows 7 x64, and I keep a pc running XP x64 on AMD.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for beta testers for my first publicly available Livecode
> > application, SQLiteAdmin.
> >
> > SQLiteAdmin is an database administration tool for configuring and
> editing
> > the data in SQLite databases.  It provides a GUI interface to all the
> > available SQLite Data Definition Statements.  It also provides some Data
> > Definition functions that are not available as standard SQLite commands,
> > such as DROP COLUMN, and RENAME COLUMN.
> >
> > It includes a table browser with search, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and
> > Duplicate functions.  Data can be exported and imported in various
> formats.
> >  Database tune-up commands will help speed up your queries, and a
> database
> > audit function will report on various potential data integrity problems
> and
> > suggest possible configuration changes that could lead to speedier
> database
> > access.
> >
> > SQLite is available as a standalone application for OS X and Windows.
> >
> > If you are interested in beta testing this product, please email me off
> > list and let me know what version of OS X/Windows you are using.  All
> > accepted beta testers will receive the product free of charge when it's
> > released.
> >
> > SQLiteAdmin is the first in a series of tools I'm writing to to assist in
> > the development of Livecode databases that use SQL databases.  I will
> > shortly be announcing LiquidSQL, a developers' tool that eliminates a
> large
> > percentage of the Livecode scripting and SQL Data Manipulation statements
> > normally required to implement an SQL-based application with Livecode.
> >
> > --
> > Pete
> > Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>

Pete