database write error

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 31 02:50:11 EST 2012

Hi, I have some code that works fine until I put an apostrophe into a field
and then it errors out on storing the data. Any suggestions on dealing with
this problem?

The code I am using looks like this:

put "INSERT INTO master (delivery_date, mothers_name, mothers_phin,
mothers_mhsc, mothers_dob, care_provider, note)" & \
merge("VALUES ('[[globaldate]]', '[[tmaternalname]]', '[[tmaternalphin]]',
'[[tmaternalmhsc]]', " & \
           "'[[tmaternaldob]]', [[tcareprovider]]', '[[tnote]]')") into tCmd
revExecuteSQL gConnectID, tCmd

Thanks
-- Mark