Alternate Form of printKeys()

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jan 30 17:02:10 EST 2012

As an aside, here is how I implemented the kind of thing I was talking about:

    -- convert the datagrid array to key text
    put altPrintKeys(theDataA) into theText

    -- filter the data
    filter theText with tab & "*" & theValue & "*"

    -- convert the text back to an array
    put altKeysToArray(theText) into theDataA

The idea here is that the tab is the delimiter between the keys and the value. Any tabs that were in the original data will have been converted to ascii(11) by the altPrintKeys() function, so they will not come into play. The carriage returns were converted to ascii(30) so that the filter command will not choke on the multi-line values that might be returned.

Bob