iOS: multiline (UITextView) control weirdness

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Fri Jan 27 11:28:17 EST 2012

Okay, time for another one. Hopefully someone has experienced this and has a solution.

I've got an iPad app, portrait only. At one point I'm creating a multiline text control (UITextView) for input. The control is created near the bottom of the screen. So when the keyboard pops up, the input area is getting partially obscured. In other (non-LiveCode) apps, it seems like I remember seeing the entire view simply slide up so that this doesn't happen, and the input area rests nicely just above the keyboard. Do we have a way to do this in LiveCode? I've checked all the properties and methods for UITextView and can't figure this out. Or is this custom behavior that just needs to be coded? If the latter, does anyone have an example and/or hints or tips to make it work smoothly?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield