too many images on one card?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jan 26 19:03:47 EST 2012

Hi,

I remember two cases. First case was someone creating a stack with tens of thousands of 4x4 px images. On a 350Ghz machine, showing and hiding one image took several seconds. On a current 2+ ghz machine it will be faster, but I expect it to still be noticeably slow. I didn't try to create a standalone, but this could have been problematic.

The other case is a stack with thousands of cards with several pictures, movies and sounds on each card. The stack as a whole was more than 1 gb big. We had all kinds of inexplicable problems with the stack, including crashes and the impossibility to create a standalone, even after moving to a faster computer with more memory.

What exactly are you trying to do?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille