Android setup issues

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:56:51 EST 2012

Well,  my HTC inspire arrived yesterday so I decided to start the android learning process.

I created an AVD with the following attributes:

Target:  Android 2.3.3
SD card: 120 MiB
Skin: Built In WVGA800
Hardware:
  Abstracted LCD Density 240.  (This was a default, no idea what it is)
  Number of emulated web cameras : 1
  Max VM application heap: 24 (another default)
  Camera Support: yes
  Device Ram Size: 256 (another default)
  Touch Support: yes

To me this looks like an HTC inspire, I would appreciate any comment or advice to the contrary.

Now when I run the simulator, everything seems to operate except for the camera.  I only see a
white screen.   This would lead me to believe that I have a simulator set up issue.

Now for the really strange part. This app works as expected on my mac.    When I load my app in the simulator
I get really strange behavior.   My app has a square of graphics that do not move
but I only change the background color of them as you cycle thru a series of memory resident color pallets
by forward and backward buttons.

The squares are not taking on any color, and I notice the some the text making up the label of the color
pallet is not being displayed.

When I load the app on the device it is matching the behavior of on the simulator.  So I must not be building
the app property.

My standalone settings:

I have a library stack that contains some image resizing functions so in the stacks section It has been added,
the main stack is present along with the MobGUI stack.

I included the library stack in the copy files section.

Android tab:
   Build for android,
   Minimum  2.3.3
   Sign for development only
   Allow external storage
   Camera required
   Application permissions: Camera checked.

Anyone have an idea what is not set up properly?

Regards,
   Mike