Pinch and Rotate

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed Jan 25 18:02:34 EST 2012

On 25/01/2012 15:54, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> These are exactly the kinds of things I ran into as well. One thing that happens is that when rotating an image the image gets distorted and so we need the resizeQuality set to "good" or "best" but then it really slows down even further.

Okay, sorted things out...to a point.

I'm deeply disturbed by the polys.  There's got to be a better way.

This version rotates the polys accurately (for some value of accurate),
but now they cannot be resized (this is because I'm keeping a shadow set
of point coordinates so as not to lose the fractions...and they don't
get resized).

If you reorder the code to resize and *then* rotate, it attempts to
"work", but the resizing destroys the shape of the poly.

On the plus side, images are dropped down to a 'normal' resizeQuality
for rotation, and then restored to the former quality on the other end,
which seems to work okay.

The jitter is still there (I think it's because I'm treating each finger
move individually?) which is quite annoying.  It still wouldn't be
acceptable in real life.  Perhaps the move locations need to be averaged
for each move?  Perhaps I'm making an error in the math. I'll give 2
gold stars to the person who figures out why it's jittery.

At any rate here it is:

http://its.ec/static/multitouchtest.livecode0.0.2.zip

Enjoy all.

-Ken