Breakpoints on a Global

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jan 25 12:14:05 EST 2012

Oddly, watchedVariables is not in the dictionary. I created a new stack, set a global in the stack script, created an Openstack handler, set a breakpoint in the first line of the handler, and changed the value of the global twice, once to empty and once to a string of text. I ran OpenStack and while powerDebugger was open I clicked next to the global variable setting a watch on it. As soon as the global value is changed Livecode crashes to desktop. This happens regardless of whether or not it is an array, so that has nothing to do with it. If the variable is NOT a global, LC does NOT crash to desktop.

If this was fixed in 4.5, then it's broke again.

Bob