Developing on Mac, standalone on Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jan 25 11:47:57 EST 2012

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:15 PM, Pete wrote:

> Hi Ken,
> The problem I'm having is centering two controls - one is a button with an
> icon assigned to it and set to not display the name, and the other is a
> label immediately below the icon that displays what would normally be the
> button name.  I set the two obects to have their vertical centers aligned
> during design.  All looks fine on the Mac but in the standalone Windows
> version, they're not quite centered any more.

Hmm - it could be that the margins of the label field need to be adjusted. One way you could try is to examine the "formattedWidth" of the label field - that will give you the actual pixels that the text of the field requires, and then perhaps you could make an adjustment based on that value.

> Also wanted to pass on a little change I made in your script for setting
> fonts on different platforms, and that's our good old friend the datagrid.
> In order to set the text font used in a datagrid, you have to set the
> dgprops["text font] of the datagrid, not the normal textfont property.
> Datagrids also have a "text size" and "text style" properties.  But all is
> working just fine now so thanks for the pointers.

Thanks for that, Pete… I'll update my script...

:D

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com