Opening a Supercard file in Livecode?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jan 23 18:13:35 EST 2012

I had a similar experience when trying to convert old procedural dBase to object oriented. There was a converter that came with Visual Foxpro that would attempt to convert a procedural app into an OOP one, but it was a miserable failure. There were too many differences, and what you ended up with was a very non-optimized OOP app if it worked right at all, which was seldom. The general consensus among those who were moving to Visual Foxpro was that it was far better to develop from scratch than to try and convert. Sound familiar?

Bob