What about Apple's new ebook app and text book efforts?

stgoldberg at aol.com stgoldberg at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 13:09:59 EST 2012

 Apple's description of how to add information to the new iBooks Author includes the ability to quickly attach "widgets" to the interactive eBook. The question is whether such widgets can be created in LiveCode.  If this is not possible, just how difficult would it be to create from scratch an eBook template using LC alone?
Stephen Goldberg
President, MedMaster Publishing Co.
www.medmaster.net

Who needs it if you have LiveCode? You would not need to be tied to Apple ULA in
terms of their iAuthor format, etc. Or, am I missing something?
What would be great is if LiveCode of a LiveCode developer turned around and
created templates for the newbie LiveCoders to publish their eTextBooks in a
style similar to Apple's tool.
The the ability to zoom in and out of an image, play videos, and create image
slide shows embedded in a window is not copyrighted yet, is it?
Cheers!