Almost there!

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Jan 21 14:24:18 EST 2012

Hi Jacque,
I think I have everything working fine with Zygodact but things are not
quite right if the user buys the product before the demo has expired so
lookin g for your guidance on that.

Right now, I only call zygodact if the demo has expired.  I also provide a
way for the user to bring up the register stack directly to enter a license
code.  That means even after a valid license code has been entered, the
software will still think it's in demo mode, will announce itself as such
and won't call zygodact until the demo period has expired.

I can see tow possible ways around this.

First one is to always call zygodact.  I've customised the register stack
to announce that the product is running in demo mode (plus the number of
days remaining) or in licensed mode, and also a link to buy the product so
that has the advantage of nagging the user to buy it every time they run
it.  But I'd need a button in the register stack to allow the user to
continue in demo mode and I have the impression it's not possible to get
out of the register stack unless you enter either a valid license code or
quit.  Is that correct?

The other way is to check for the presence of the zygodact preferences
stack and call zygodact if it is present before the demo expiration check
is done.  Sounds like this is probably the way to go but thought I would
check with you since I'm sure this must have come up before.

One other thing I'm not 100% sure of is the note in the docs about the
Standalone preference to select inclusions manually.  I see that option but
I don;t see any way to select an inclusion other than the standard LC
libraries.  Am I missing something?

Thanks Jacque,

--
Pete