Application quit on OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 20 22:39:11 EST 2012

On 1/20/12 4:00 PM, Pete wrote:
> OK, thanks Mark and Jacque.  It sounds like the shutdownRequest message
> will do the job - if I don't pass it, the application should stay open.
>   I'll have to figure out how to deal with the user selecting Quit from the
> Application menu, or the user shutting down their computer since I really
> do need to quit then.

I think it would be better to use closeStackRequest. That message is
only sent when the user manually clicks in the close box, so you don't
need to worry about your existing scripts. The handler can check to see
if the target stack is the last stack open and if the OS is Mac. If so,
don't close. That way you don't need to worry about quitting from the
menu or shutdown.

> This just seems overly complicated to deal with a pretty standard way of
> working for OS X applications.

It helps to remember that it's actually the Mac that is out of synch
with the rest of the world in this respect. But if you trap that one
message you should be okay and it should be pretty easy.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com