rTree author

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Jan 20 15:06:23 EST 2012

Hey Andre,

> Can anyone comment on their personal choice and experience?

I have used iMed, dataTree and rTree (and will continue using rTree).

iMed had a very good API, but does not seem to be actively maintained anymore. Really good MVC model. The licensing always put me a bit off to use it for my own projects, thus I was only using that as a consultant for another company. Code was rather stable, the developer was always a bit slow to react on bugs. Huge amounts of data are a little problematic.

dataTree I used in one of my projects. A solid tree for basic needs. It is not customizable enough for my taste. It does not handle huge amounts of data too well.

rTree (and I must admit I am using an alpha of a future version) Well, what can I say. This thing is huge. I am not impressed easiely. But it totally blew me away. The release version is good. What is in the future of this library is big, but I promised not to say more. I am both impressed by the library and Mats as a person. He has been very responsive. He implemented things for me that make this the fastest tree I could not have written myself. I just love it.

Cheers,

Malte