Application quit on OS X

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Jan 20 12:53:10 EST 2012

On 01/20/2012 11:23 AM, Pete wrote:
> As far as I can tell, all Mac applications work this way..

This is not correct. It depends on what kind of application it is. Most
work this way but several utilities do not. I have seen some discussion
of this elsewhere, although I can't recall where, and I think Apple has
issued its official opinion on this which does allow for this behavior.

One could use the closestack message to open a dialog with a menubar,
which ask the user if they would like to open another window or quit the
app, or some other option appropriate for the app.

Warren