Find oddity?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:11:50 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM, <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:

> I understand that prudent monitoring of "the result" will allow one to
> distinguish the difference. We need an autoFindtFromTop property (heck,
> every other conceivable property exists natively).
>
> With all respect I don't agree. A quick check of a couple of other apps I
have all behave the same, where ever the cursor is the Find command starts
from there, proceeds to the bottom and if there is no instance found they
ask if you want to start from the beginning. A couple have a check box in
the Find dialogue where you can specify to start the search from the
beginning.  This would appear to be simple enough to script into LC if it
is behaviour that you think is necessary for your particular app:

Surely there is no difference between:

set the imaginaryAutoFindFromTop of this stack to true
--your find script follows

and

select before the text of fld 1
your find script follows

except the first requires RunRev to devote resources to it and the second
doesn't.

The LC Find behaviour is quite logical and behaves has described in the
Dictionary, although agreed it could be explained better.