Jolt Award

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 19 17:22:06 EST 2012

Hi SCott,
You're right of course, it is possible to go custom and tmcontrol no doubt
provides a good way of doing that.  Just seems like there are so many
controls in OS X now that aren't present in Livecode that it would be a
huge amount of work to make custom versions of them all ( at least for a
graphically-challenged person such as myself!) - I wouldn't have a clue
where to start with the aforementioned Lion style scroll bars for example.

It goes a little beyond controls also.  I recently discovered that LC does
not provide any way to add items to the OS X menubar Application menu
(other than Preferences).  Not good.  I've entered an enhancement request
at the QCC for that one.

Pete

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Recently, Pete wrote:
>
> > Speaking from the perspective of a Mac user, it's impossible to
> > build an app whose ui doesn't look dated.
>
> Maybe not 100% impossible -- an alternative is to go custom:
>
> http://tmtools.tactilemedia.com/tmcontrol
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director