[Ticket#2012011810000736] Re: RevOnline

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:34:20 EST 2012

Dear Heather,

Thanks for your swift reply.
 > Dear Richmond,
 >
 > OK, define "didnae wark".

'define' is perhaps the wrong word here, as it didnae wark. Possibly
'explain how it didnae wark' wid be
better . . .  :)

 > What happened when you tried?

1.  I clicked on "Log In" in the top right-hand corner of the RevOnline
stack.

2. I entered my e-mail address in the "Email" text box at the top of the
Log In substack.

3.  I clicked on the blue text "Forgot your password/" at the bottom of
the Log In substack.

4.  "Forgot your password/" changed from blue to a rather charming purple.

5. Nothing else..............................................

 > Did you get any kind of
 > email? Any error message?

Nothing at all:  RunRev 4.5 Beta: Ubuntu-Linux 11.10

"Resetting password . . .": RunRev 4.0 Ubuntu-Linux 11.10 - and the
message is persistent
(i.e. doesn't go away). Force-quit RunRev 4.0 as got cheesed-off waiting.

 >  What version of LiveCode are you using and on what
 > platform/OS?
 >
 > This is one password I cannot reset or retrieve, so we'll have to try
and debug it.

It seems, from the Use-List, I am not the only one with this problem.

However, having scrieved that, I have just received an automated new
password using
RunRev 4.0 .... Let me see if it works............. it DOES; so, the
following are possible interpretations of what happened:

1. I was a bit glaikit expecting a Beta version to work in that respect.

2. Something a bit odd has happened between RR 4.0 and later versions of
RR/LC.

Certainly I shall post this on the Use-List and see what those who are
using later versions that 4.5, and supposedly have been having problems,
have to say on the subject.

Thanks very much for your help.

All the best to all of you in Edinburgh, Richmond Mathewson.