Android Orientation change artifacts

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Jan 19 12:05:43 EST 2012

When running on the device, I receive the resizestack message. I resize and
move all controls on the card then pass the message. When the screen in
redrawn in the new orientation there is 1 or 2 pixel wide random noise to
the right from top to bottom of all images(most but not all of the time). My
understanding is that the resizestack message is fired off before the screen
is redrawn and the orientationchanged message is sent after the redraw. This
is the same kind of artifacts I saw back in my early LC days when I resized
controls in the openCard message instead of the preopencard message. Note:
The same resize/move controls code is used in my preopencard and there are
no problems or noise. If I turn it to landscape and move among cards, no
problem. If I turn it to portrait and move among cards, no problem. Problem
is just when you change orientation.
I tried locking the screen, moving controls and then unlocking it in the
resizestack and that did not help.

Am I using the correct message to resize controls when the device changes
its orientation?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services