revBrowser & sound

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Jan 19 09:04:14 EST 2012

Ton,

i am pretty sure, that this is not want you want to hear.

I do not use revBrowser anymore, because it is not possible to create reliable apps with it. That is not a complaint, just a fact.

But if you are on Mac you could try Jerry Daniels RodeoAppMaker instead, which is able to create a browser app for specific URLs.
http://rodeoapps.com/Capture-Your-Web-Workflow-in-an-App/
It can create Apps with multiple URL, so you can switch between the sessions. Nice feature.

You just have to pay 1$ once, and you can create as many desktop apps as you want.

Another nice tool for such things is Fluid (4,99$). http://fluidapp.com/
You can try it for free.
The nice thing with that is, that you can pin the created app to the status bar and that you can resize the window to very small size.
That is not possible with RodeoAppmaker.

Fluid apps are licensed to you, so you are not allowed to share them. RodeoAppMaker apps can be shared.

I use both tools from time to time.

Tried to create a similar tool with livecode, but ran into some serious problems with websites that open new windows by javascript. So that makes revBrowser usesless
at least under Mac. And it is not fixable yet. Runrev says that there is a problem with webKit reporting no value back.

Why the Fluid / RodeoMaker created apps do work with such websites? I don´t know. But they work.

So give that tools a try.

Regards,

Matthias