critical socket error

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 04:15:21 EST 2012

Hi Pierre - pretty sure it's not a timeout problem. The socketTimeoutInterval is set to 5000 and the socket error is returned almost instantaneously.

It seems like it is a certificate problem after all. If I set libURLSetSSLVerification to false then it works in the app as well. The weird thing is that if works in the IDE without having to do this - it's as if the IDE is locating and handling the certificate correctly but the app isn't, even though the .pem file contains the right stuff and is loaded (if you don't load the .pem file then I can't connect to either of the servers). I'm stumped and am close to just setting libURLSetSSLVerification to false and forgetting about the .pem file altogether. My understanding from previous discussions around this is that my app's transactions will still be secure even if I do this (is that right?) but I would feel more comfortable if this stuff just worked!

Terry...