Visual Effects in LC 5.0.2

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Jan 16 14:16:54 EST 2012

Hi Randy,

the mouseUP does not get sent while the visual effect is in progress. As one
can see in the Message Watcher.
If that qualifies as a bug I don't know.

if you really want to have the effects on mouseDown and the next effect when
the mouse is up then the only workaround I found is this:

----------------------
on mouseDown
   lock screen for visual effect
   set the visible of graphic "Chip02" to not the visible of graphic
"Chip02"
   unlock screen with visual effect "dissolve" fast
   send toggleGrc to me in 10 milliseconds
end mouseDown

on toggleGrc
   if the mouse is up then
      lock screen for visual effect
      set the visible of graphic "Chip01" to not the visible of graphic
"Chip01"
      unlock screen with visual effect "dissolve" fast
   else
      if toggleGrc is not in the pendingMessages then
         send toggleGrc to me in 100 milliseconds -- adjust if necessary
      end if
   end if
end toggleGrc