Unicode Question

Jonathan Scott songe at agate.plala.or.jp
Sun Jan 15 09:58:35 EST 2012

Hello,
	I usual lurk here.  I do have a question though.  I don't seem to be
able to find an answer anywhere.  I'll appreciate whatever help I can
get.

	I'm trying to make an option button that has Japanese characters in
it.  It will be a self-updating directory button for a stack where
each option is a product in an inventory database.  The person using
it will be Japanese, so using Japanese is a necessity.
	So far, I've been able get it to work by putting the contents of one
field that contains a product name after another field.  Then when
all of the product names are in it, I put the contents of that field
into the option button.  It works in that all of the names go in, but
I haven't been able to find a carriage return character that I can
insert between the product names that works.  It will work in the
field, but when I then put it into the option button a lot of strange
characters show up between the product names rather than a carriage
return.

	And yes, I know about setting the unicodetext of a field.  I also
know about setting useunicode to true and then trying to put it in
with numtochar.  So far, no luck.
	If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

	Thank you.