Reliability of setProp/getProp

Michael Doub mike at doub.com
Sun Jan 15 08:11:45 EST 2012

Are there conditions where getProp/setProp should not be used?   have seen multiple instances where the setProp message does not seem to be recieved.  What is even more strange is the fact that sometimes it works then for no reason it stops.

These constructs are much easer to use than sending messages to object, but they don't seem to be reliable.  I am using 5.0.2.

Is anyone else experiencing this funny behaviour?  Could I be doing something to stimulate it?

Regards,
   Mike