VB Script Outlook, .display works but .send doesn't

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Fri Jan 13 21:26:22 EST 2012

I have a LC stack that calls a VB Script to send email notifications via Outlook.  I give the ability to send the mail blind (without proofing), and just opening the email for proofing, in which case the user must press the Send button in Outlook.

I wrote this about two years ago leveraging from Ken Ray's excellent handlers, and it has performed flawlessly till yesterday.  Now it works okay in non-blind mode (creating and displaying the mail), but not in blind mode (automatic send). I get this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\..\My Documents\libVBS_temp.vbs(15,5) Microsoft Outlook:
Outlook does not recognize one or more names

The sole difference between the two handlers is that .send is replaced by .display at the end of the VB.

My guess is that my IT has changed something on their corporate image that is preventing blind mail being sent like this.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Mark