Using Unix FIFO files

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 12 13:44:10 EST 2012

Anyone tried to use FIFO files from within LC? I'd like to use them to
communicate with a Unix process from LC but not having any luck

I create two fifo files using the Unix mkfifo command. That works fine.
 The plan is to start the Unix process with the shell command, redirecting
it's stdin to one of the fifo files and its stdout to the other fifo file,
write a command to the stdin file, then read the output from the stdout
file.  No matter what order I do things in, LC hangs on either the put URL,
get URL, or shell command to start the process.

I think I'm probably out of luck but maybe someone who knows more about
Unix than I can help?

--
Pete