Menu Builder

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 12 01:24:11 EST 2012

Thanks Jacque.  Things appear to be working now but I have no idea what
combination of things I did to make it happen, and I hate that.

Your explanation and the links helped explain it all.  As Joe said, if only
this was in the User Guide, there'd be a lot less nervousness about using
the menu builder.  I'll go back to Mark's original comment in this thread -
maybe it's not buggy once you understand it but it's definitely
"unintuitive".

I have one remaining issue to deal with and that has to do with some window
resizing I do which now will have to take account of the menu group,
probably differently on Windows than on OS X.  Fortunately, the code to do
the resizing is all in one handler so once I figure out whether to add the
26 pixels or subtract them, all should be OK.

Pete

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 1/11/12 10:41 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> Jacqi,
>>
>> Your explanation should appear on the "Menu Builder" Dialog from a
>> Help Button thereon. It would save a lot of newbies gobs of hair
>> follicles.
>>

> Thanks. I thought it was in the User Guide but I just looked and couldn't
> find much. Once you "get it", everything falls into place. But you're right
> there needs to be something more specific in the docs about the overall
> idea.
>
> There's a whole scripting conference stack just about menus too:
> <http://www.runrev.com/**developers/lessons-and-**
> tutorials/tutorials/online-**scripting-conferences/<http://www.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/tutorials/online-scripting-conferences/>
> >

> Jeanne DeVoto wrote it and she's an excellent documenter. I forgot to link
> to that in my other post.
>

> --

Pete