Menu Builder

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Jan 11 19:51:12 EST 2012

After a gap of many months since last using the Menu Builder, I'm back to
trying it again with not very auspicious results.

In the first screen, I click the New button and on the next screen, give
the menu a name and leave the give the menubar a name and uncheck the box
"move objects down to accommodate menu bar"  (I want the menu to be in the
OS X menu bar).

As soon as I click OK, all the controls on the open stack move up, some of
them to be underneath the window title bar.  Uhhh, I asked for them not to
be moved down, not to be moved up!

Last time I used the menu builder, I had major problems - every time I
opened the stack, it's height increased by the height of the menu -
incrementally.  Never did get to the bottom of that, ended up setting the
stack height by script to work around it.

Is there another way to create OS X menu bar menus without using the menu
builder?

--
Pete