OT Password protection of RR server?

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 11 13:36:45 EST 2012

Mark,

I finally got my password for cPanel  from Heather and  I plunged into password protecting a web page.

Or so I thought. I assumed that a web address was a directory and I thought I was protecting a web page but turned out locking up much more.

There is still one folder jamesphurley.com/District3 that I am locked out of. Is there a way in cPanel to unprotect a page? (It would be helpful to include this kind of info in the help link. Not any time soon, I afraid. I suspect that RR is bitten off more than they are able to chew at the moment. Witness the downtime on Rev OnLine User Samples.)

Also, the page I use for my neighborhood association is lvrmna.on-rev.com    At one point everyone in the neighborhood was locked out of that site due to a password protection I didn't realize I was making. Very embarrassing. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I recall in the beginning that my deal with RR was a web presence with the url jamesphurley.on-rev.com (I own a domain name jamesphurley.com) which they were able to shorten for me to jamesphurley.com. Is this just an alias for jamesphurley.on-rev.com? Is it possible through cPanel to shorten lvrmna.on-rev.com to simply lvrmna.com?

I hate this stuff. I have no idea what's going on under the hood.

Thanks,

Jim Hurley